Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tool against Stress!

Tuesday morning, I have wake up at 6 am to work as a lifeguard, then I will go the three classes from 8:00 am to 11:30 am, and after work at housekeeping for an hour. Eat lunch in 10 minutes and then go to class from 12:30 to 3:15, just to go to work on my internship until 9:30 pm...yes I eat sometime in between.

 The idea of telling you how every single one of my Tuesdays are is to make you think about your schedule, and how stressful can be. This stress can definitely affect your performance in class and sports as well. I am sure that most of students like me, know different ways to cope with this kind of stress. I usually exercise when I can to liberate physical pressure, others might listen to a especial playlist or even cook.. who knows.

According to the dictionary Meditation is the action of engaging in mental exercise for the purpose of reaching certain level of spiritual awareness.

However, studies have suggested that Meditation can not only help you coping with stress but also to improve your scores on tests. check out this article How meditation might boost your test score

The big picture is that Anxiety, Stress and Depression might affect students everyday life. A 2011 survey of 1,600 University of Alberta students reported that 50 percent had felt hopeless within a 12-month period, more than a half of the students felt overwhelming anxiety and 7 admitted to feel like committing suicide.This Article talks about the factors that might be involve on this situation:

· stress of moving away from home;
· academic demands;
· social pressures;
· parents’ expectations;
· fear of graduating into a tough job market;
· pre-existing diagnosis of mental illness;
· difficulty coping with the rapidly changing world; and
· black-and-white thinking regarding success and failure

Meditation is also good to fight against this aspects. This article talks about how Mindfullness meditation can lower the levels of stress


 




No comments:

Post a Comment