- As a college student, I have experienced many nights of long studying, not eating well and worst: combination of both. I'm sure the majority of college students had struggled with this situation before so I went and did a little research to see what the effects of this behavior might cause.
Check this article I found
www.cbsnews.com/8301-505125_162-48440287/sleep-deprivation-the-surprising-causes-and-solutions/
They talked about about many factors that are involve on sleeping deprivation and eating less related to weight gainning:
- About 95% of people use some type of electronics in the hour before bed, whether it's watching TV, surfing the internet, playing video games or texting.
- The youngest generation of adults, Gen Y'ers (19 to 29 year olds), are the biggest users of interactive electronics, like cell phones and the internet. They are more than eight times as likely as baby boomers (46 to 64 year old) to text in the hour before bedtime--52% of them texted compared to 5% of boomers.
- About 19% of respondents sent or received work related emails before bed.
check out this video:
added to nutrional effects, sleeping deprivation has also a negative impact on your brain...so that makes think that maybe students are living in a vicious cycle.. we have a lot of homework, they have to eat well but sometimes they don't manage the time well, therefore we don't sleep, we start eating less and our brain does not work at 100%.
No comments:
Post a Comment